Avocado toast…it’s everywhere. I remember about 7 years ago, I had avocado toast for the very first time. It was amazing, and I think relatively new at that point in time. Now regular old avocado toast seems boring. We need to find exciting ways to “jazz” it up. Cue my avocado egg toast.
I made this on Sunday, Father’s Day and it was a HUGE hit, and took relatively no time to whip up. I toasted some gluten free Whole Foods brand sandwich bread and boiled some cage free pasture-raised eggs. While those were going, I cut and mashed up an avocado. I smeared the avocado on the toast and when the eggs were ready, smashed those down with a fork. The thing that seriously made this delicious was the Trader Joe’s Everything Bagel seasoning. Seriously…game changer.
My husband loved this and I’d call it a win in my book.
Avocado Egg-y Toast
4 slices gluten free bread
2 eggs, hard boiled
Trader Joe’s Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Add eggs to pan and bring the water to a boil. Once water is boiling, gently add the eggs. Cover the pan and turn off the heat. Let the eggs stand in hot water for about 12 minutes.
- Toast bread to desired level of brownness.
- Remove avocado from its skin and mash.
- Place avocado on toast
- Peel eggs and place on egg on top of avocado. Mask the egg with your fork
- Sprinkle with Everything Bagel seasoning to taste
- Eat this deliciousness…